So basketball season is over and we finally know what the gender of the baby is going to be, so that means all my free time is now going to be spent on nest building. This weekend I set out to finish my doors project. No, not the band, actual doors. The goal was to hang doors on the nursery, the guest room, and the guest bathroom. At first, none of them actually fit. So I had to call in the help of Bob the Builder (Jen's dad).
He was kind enough to bring over his planer tool which shaved fractions of an inch off the sides of the door on a nice even line. Critical to the success of this job. After a lot of hauling doors up and down stairs and hanging and measuring and repeating the process, we finished the job. I still have to paint them, but at least the hard part is done.
If you are still reading this after I droned on about boring doors, bless your heart (and you should think of getting a new hobby). Still, you seem to be enjoying this, so I'll go on.
Our latest crisis happened when we measured out the old office and decided that it was going to be awfully cramped with all the nursery furniture in it. After much discussion, we decided that it would be best to use the guest bedroom (a little bigger) as the nursery and move the guest bed into the old office. It means a little more work for me (ok, probably a lot) but I think it will be worth it. Check back with me in 2 months when I'll be cursing all things pink.
No worries this week though. I've got my eyes focused on our cruise coming up this Thursday! Should be a blast.
Let me clarify something about the doors...there were doors there beforehand, we were replacing them with nicer, 6 panel doors.
ReplyDeleteThanks (Jeff and Dad) for all of your hard work!