Friday, July 18, 2008

Craig's List and Cravings

Well, my obsession with Craig's List might be short-lived for two reasons: impatience and telephones.  I am currently trying to sell two tickets to King's Dominion and have gotten tons of interest, but all of the interested buyers are either horrible about getting back to me or don't show up when they are supposed to!  A critical part of using Craig's List is communicating through the telephone which I do not like to do!  I'm much more of an e-mail person.  Last night I didn't want to call a person back, so I had to proclaim that Jeff is the best husband in the world over and over to get him to do it for me.

I have been trying to find things to do while waiting for people to either get back to me or show up at the house.  I've organized all of my scrapbooking stuff from the past five years so that I can actually start it up again.  Now that I'm done with that, the only thing left to do is one of my favorite things in life...eating.  Pregnancy cravings of the month have been pancakes, popcorn, and chocolate chips.

Speaking of food and cravings, my friend, Lauren, just told me about a deal coming up at the Cheesecake Factory where you can get a slice of cheesecake for $1.50:  http://www.cheesecakefactory.com/aboutus.htm (click on "what's new") - I don't like cheesecake, but now I want to go and eat there! 

Lauren also introduced me to this great recipe if you're looking for something new to try.  I'm going to make it tonight:






Sloppy Joe Casserole



 




1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 pouch (6.5oz) Betty Crocker golden corn muffin and bread mix
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.  In a skillet, cook beef and onion over med-high heat until brown; drain.  Stir in tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.  Bring to a boil and keep warm.

2.  In a small bowl, stir corn bread mix, milk, oil and egg just until moistened (batter will be lumpy).

3.  Spoon hot beef mixture into 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish.  Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese (or more).  Spoon corn bread batter evenly over top.  (Make sure beef mixture is hot when you put corn batter on top so cornbread fully cooks.)

4.  Bake 25-35 minutes or unitl toothpick inserted in cent4er of topping comes out clean.  Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over hot casserole.

3 comments:

  1. why are you complaining? I AM the best husband in the world! you are just speaking truth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pancake cravings... ME TOO!!!! Or waffles, or biscuits, or any carbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny about craigslist...I admit to be slightly...or more than that :) obsessed too. I completely agree that I like to communicate for it through e-mail as well! Have you sold the tics yet? Love the cravings, so cute. Where's that belly?

    ReplyDelete