Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Nice, Summer Day

Today was one of those days that reminds me of why I love summer (and no school).  I woke up not too early, not too late, had a leisurely breakfast, and headed out for the day.  I was meeting a friend for lunch at noon in Old Town, so I decided to head there early so I could walk around.

My newly discovered secret is that you can stop in the visitor's center and get a free parking pass for the day.  After taking care of that, I started to browse in some shops.  I bought Jeff a $10 polo at the Gap outlet (I always love a good deal) and looked in some children's specialty shops.  It didn't take me long to realize that I would probably never buy any clothing from these specialty shops.  The outfits were adorable, but expensive.  To give you an example, a onesie with a little embroidered design on the chest cost about $30.

I had about 30 minutes left before lunch, so I headed to a park area on the waterfront.  My entertainment while I sat there was watching some teenagers start to feed bread to some ducks, only to have at least 50 more swim over to them looking for food.



Lunch was at Mai Thai (http://www.maithai.us/) and I had the chicken pad thai.  It was yummy, even though it was not a very adventurous choice off the menu.  I thought it had very reasonable prices for its prime location in Old Town (right by the waterfront).  I'll be going back there!

The rest of my day wasn't too exciting.  I stopped by Home Depot on the way home to buy some new knobs for the closet in the nursery.  Then I read some of my book (which if you like Dan Brown's books you would like this one: http://www.amazon.com/False-Impression-Jeffrey-Archer/dp/0312353723), took a nap, and did some picking up around the house.

3 comments:

  1. I miss Old Town! I'm surprised you didn't swing by Ben and Jerry's while you were there! One of our neighbors in Springfield owned one of those specialty stores for kids. I think it mostly just sold girls clothing, but it was expensive. Her girls always looked cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about going to Ben and Jerry's, but decided to come back with Jeff and get some. I picked up a free visitor's guide and they had some good coupons in it, like buy one, get one free cup/cone at Ben and Jerry's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a great relaxing day! That sounds so nice. Hubby has been so into chicken pad thai too, I love the peanut sauced dishes and almost anything spicy :)

    ReplyDelete