Saturday, July 12, 2008

Think Really Pink

When Jen was little, her parents let her pick out the color she wanted in her bedroom.  She picked a deep pink color.  She says now that it looked like a huge bottle of Pepto Bismol exploded in her room.  So I asked her "did you ever get sick of it?" and she simply said "nope!"  Gotta love her.

I tell you this story because today I painted the baby's room pink.  Not quite Pepto Explosion pink, but close enough.  It feels much more pink because there is no furniture in there to offset it.  I think once everything is in there it will look great.

I guess seeing that pink room helped settle in my head that I'm having a girl.  I love it.  Can't wait to meet her and start spoiling her.

The funny thing is that I'm the one pushing the pink.  Jen is trying to be practical and get neutral colors so if we have a boy next time we won't have to buy all new stuff.  I understand with the big ticket items like strollers and stuff like that.  But some of the stuff under $20 doesn't have to be gender neutral in my mind.  On the other hand, in about 5 months I'm probably going to be happy she is sprinkling in some other colors.

Other random notes:

  • Is it just me or has nobody ever said "no" to Brett Favre?  With apologies to Billy and Sarah, the guy is acting like a big cry baby.  Either retire or don't.  And if you have to come back, understand that you're still under contract.  Oh well.

  • Ate at our favorite Korean BBQ restaurant (Hee Been) today to celebrate Jen's sister's birthday.  Great food and all-you-can-eat, so of course I'm stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey.

  • Jen's sister and her mom were sweet enough to buy me 2 Celtics Championship tee shirts.  Not one, but two (of the same kind).  They explained that I wear Celtics shirts so often that they wear out and after a couple years I'll have another one.  Of course they are forgetting that the Celtics will win every year and I'll need shirts for each year, but whatever.  Nothing will be as sweet as this first one.  Well, the first since I was about 11.

4 comments:

  1. Jeff...Mom found something from the Celtics 1987 celebration, can you guess what ?? clue: Not a tee-shirt. Dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. was it a pennant or a big foam finger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right, the room will look great with the furniture in it! You guys are going to be great parents, can't wait to meet Baby Girl Clark too :) Random notes: LOL, yummy, that's so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a foam finger, not a pennant ...
    It will be a surprise ...

    ReplyDelete