We made some good progress this weekend in preparing for Baby Clark's arrival. On the one hand, it seems silly to me to be doing this stuff so soon, but on the other hand, I know that once I go back to work in a week I will be exhausted and still have plenty to do!
Jeff and my dad put together the crib, dresser/hutch combo, armchair, and a small bookcase. I love the way it all looks and I can't wait to decorate and fill the room! The only drama we had on assembly day was the discovery that the crib was made wrong. There was a suffocation warning painted on the crib in a prominent spot, instead of being a sticker that could be removed. I called Buy Buy Baby to ask about it and they thought I was a nutcase until they went and checked their inventory in the back. It turns out the manufacturer made a mistake with the new batch of cribs but luckily they had a crib from the old batch that I was able to switch with.
I'll take some pictures and post them soon. Right now, we have had to make the nursery cat-proof. There is a sheet over the crib to deter the cat from jumping in it (there is no mattress in it) and a sheet over the armchair in case she should decide to make that her new resting place and cover it with her fur. You might be thinking, "Why don't you just shut the door?" Well, that's not an option with our cat...if there is a room that she wants to get into and the door is shut, she thinks she can bite the carpet and somehow get under the door. I'm not quite ready to ruin our new carpet yet!
Jeff also surprised me and put together the stroller tonight. He said it wasn't quite as easy as Christian F. promised, but he did get the job done so I guess he narrowly aovided the "moron award."
I love sitting in the nursery and just daydreaming about what our lives will be like in a few months. I can't wait to meet our baby girl!
Ahh what sweet thoughts of how things will be! It will be wonderful, tiring at times, but wonderful :) Good for you for getting so much done so far! I completely understand how tiring well exhausting teaching is so good for you! I can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDelete