Sunday, August 24, 2008

One Last Vacation

This past week I went to Ocean City, MD with my mom for a few days to have one final vacation before school starts and the baby comes.  We did this little trip last year and had a lot of fun so we decided to do it again.

We stayed at a small hotel that was located 1/2 block back from the boardwalk.  We liked this place much better than last year's hotel since it was located midway on the boardwalk instead of at the boring end and it was much cleaner. 

On our first day we went to the beach and I surprised myself by almost immediately getting in the water.  It was really hot and the water felt so good.  I had fun letting the waves lift me up and down and got a kick out of watching my mom watch me nervously from the beach.  I think she thought I was going to drown and kept motioning me to come in closer.  That night, we walked the boardwalk and ate pizza at the Dough Roller.

We got up early on our second day and were the first people on the beach.  The beach had erroded over night and left a mini-cliff of sand that you had to jump over to get into the water.  I didn't get in because it wasn't warm enough and the water was really rough.  However, it was a perfect morning for sunbathing.  Later that afternoon we headed up to Rehoboth Beach to go to the outlets.  I think they are the best outlets I've been to.  When we got back around 9, we headed out to walk the boardwalk again despite being exhausted.  I just had to have some ice cream and buy some caramel popcorn to bring home.

On our last day we woke up and went to The Fractured Prune for breakfast.  This is a doughnut shop where you basically create your own doughnuts.  You pick out what glaze you want and then the toppings.  There are a couple of locations now in Northern VA!  Then we went to the beach for a little bit, checked out, and then drove home to Springfield.  It was a perfect way to say goodbye to summer.  Beautiful weather, the beach, and junk food...what more could you want?

On a side note, we had a little photo shoot on the beach one day to get some pictures of me pregnant and in a bathing suit.  I thought it would be a fun thing for my daughter to see one day since I was always fascinated by a similar picture of my mom when she was pregnant with me.  I felt like a fool and deleted a lot of the pictures, but below are some for those of you that want to see the bump (which is more like a huge boulder at this point)!

[gallery]

2 comments:

  1. mmmm, donuts

    oh yeah, and you look great honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! So cute with the suit and hat! I love the one with your hair blowing in the white shirt, very hollywood and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete