Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our Day in Chatham

Jeff's parents live very close to the bridge that takes you into Cape Cod so we always seeem to go there when we are up in Massachusetts.  Last year I discovered some fun places to eat in Chatham (the elbow of the Cape) so I wanted to go there again.  I first heard about these places from the Sunday section of the Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/03/AR2007080301017.html

We headed out mid-morning with Jeff's mom and his niece, Abby.  Our first stop was the Chatham Bakery which has yummy doughnuts and pastries.  Their specialty item is the apple cinammon doughnut:

[gallery]

Then we drove over to Main Street where we shopped and Jeff got an opportunity to meet one of his CelticsBlog moderators who owns a shop there.  I didn't buy much...just some summery looking candle rings and a pewter flower hook for the baby's room.  Jeff found these sunglasses in a store, but did not buy them:

IMG_1222 by ranter8.




Then we ate at the Impudent Oyster where Jeff and I got the scallop sandwich.  The woman next to us said to her waiter that it was the best sandwich she had ever had.  I don't know if I'd go that far, but it's probably in the top 5:



We decided to skip the last stop on our food adventure since it wasn't hot enough for ice cream.  Sundae School (there are a few locations in Cape Cod) has really good homemade ice cream and hot fudge.  Maybe next year...

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean it wasn't hot enough for ice cream?!?!?!?

    It's always hot someplace, and those people who live in the heat don't have the same opportunities you do to have Ice cream. You have to do your part for the global ice cream consumption gap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug has a good point.

    By the way, every time I look at that picture I get hungry. Who's up for a road trip to Cape Cod?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm pretty close ... let me know!! I'll meet you at "the bars" for high tea!

    http://www.chathambarsinn.com/

    ReplyDelete