Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The "Joys" of Preparing for Baby

Today was a frustrating day.  Aside from the kids being incredibly talkative and struggling with their assignments, I used up all of my precious planning time to make phone calls regarding my pregnancy, leave, and the baby.  To top it all off, I found out during the last phone call that my latest blood test revealed that I am anemic.  After talking to some people, I came to realize that it's not a huge deal as long as I take iron supplements.  I guess this explains why I literally collapse into bed each night.  Of course I had to learn this minutes before I was supposed to pick up my students.  Those of you who are teachers know how frustrating this is and how you have to be able to just forget everything going on in your personal life and switch on the teaching mode.

After school I had the pleasure of going to a labor and delivery class with Jeff.  The video they showed us was just as gross as the ones I remember from health class in high school.  We did get some questions answered so it wasn't a total waste of time.

I feel like I'm slowly crossing things off my to-do list, but it's still overwhelming to think of all of the details that need to be taken care of before 11/15!

4 comments:

  1. I found out I was anemic this pregnancy as well. It's not that bad, but you're right, they don't make it sound good when they first tell you! Let's talk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries :) Either take iron or eat a lot of red meat :) It's been great to see you this week - you look great! Let me know if I can help you out with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lets have steak for dinner more often! I'll never complain about that

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, yup eat some good meat girl :) Ok, I so read the second to last sentence as, after school I had the pleasure of going into labor!! ha! Hope you get some great rest and some yummy meat :)

    ReplyDelete