Thursday, September 18, 2008

Who Needs Sleep?

If you see Jen and I and we are doing the rubberneck head nod, it isn't because you are boring, it is because we are not getting enough sleep.  This concerns me because I know how little sleep we'll be getting 2 months from now.  I hasn't been any one thing, just a bunch of stuff going on right now.

Jen is dealing with behaviorally challenged kids in the first month of school and lots of start-up work to begin the year.  None of which is any easier for a woman 7 months preggers.

I've had a couple of big projects at work that have required a couple of 12 hour workdays and there's always something else to do at home or on the blog.

Thankfully we're both expecting things to quiet down a lot in October.  Here's hoping.

3 comments:

  1. The whole "no one can sleep with a new baby" thing, is and isn't true...let me explain. First of all, as long as napping occurs when the baby sleeps, which is OFTEN, you'll be ok. The baby may take a month or so to figure out days vs. nights, but it's not forever, and it goes by quickly. Just be sure to take frequent naps. Yes, you'll be tired, but it will be the BEST tired you've ever felt because you'll be so excited to have your sweet girl there to take care of. Let me know if I can come over and give you a nap break, I'm good like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! And a couple great books, as I'm sure you've heard, are Baby Wise and Healthy Sleep Habits. They really help as far as getting the sweet babes into a sleep schedule (for them and for you :)) and they can pick up pretty quick! Hope the craziness calms down for both of you!!

    ReplyDelete