Kira has been mostly eating and sleeping today. Nursing seems to be getting a little bit easier but is still very exhausting for me. I know it's supposed to get easier, but I have already had many moments where I just wanted to give up and get out the formula. Every now and then she gets into a hysterical crying fit, but we're starting to discover some tricks that calm her down. Jeff has been busy trying to take care of me and follow up on paperwork and things that need to be done around the house.
Tomorrow we will make our first trip out of the house to go to the pediatrician. Kira had a slight case of jaundice in the hospital so we are hoping to get good news that it is no longer an issue. There are many other worse things that could be wrong, but I just don't want to have to be away from her while she is put under the lights for treatment. I cannot stop kissing her cute little face and I love giving her the feeling of security when I hold her.
[googlevideo=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8251309264482657439&hl=en]
Jen - check your email some time! We are praying for you guys.
ReplyDeleteAdorable pics, so happy for you guys, don't give up on the nursing, it is rough at first but just gets better and better I promise! Call me if you feel like giving in and I will give you a pep talk! Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteso precious jen! so glad you were able to get a little sleep. keep the updates coming! :)
ReplyDeleteHey guys! Congratulations again - she is beautiful. Jen, if you need help figuring out breastfeeding, give me a call...it does get easier, and you'll be so happy you stuck with it.
ReplyDelete