I don't know how many of you know about this, but I'm famous on the internet. Or to quote Will Ferrell, "I'm kind of a big deal."
Granted, the only people that care about my fame are diehard Celtics fans, and most of them have never seen my face. So I don't think the paparazzi are going to be hounding me as I pick up the morning paper anytime soon.
Still, I got a brief bit of exposure in the mainstream media that is pretty cool. A few days ago, I wrote something about a temper tantrum that a Celtics player threw during a game. I was quoted by Yahoo's NBA blog "Ball Don't Lie." Now, this itself is no major deal. It actually happens all the time.
What made this a big deal was the fact that Yahoo.com picked that blog post to feature on the front page. So now anyone with a passing interest in an NBA player called "Big Baby" acting like a big baby has clicked on that link and seen my name and quotes.
I've had 5 different people (including my wife) tell me that they saw me on Yahoo. Very cool. Next step, the ESPYs! Red carpet here we come! (How much would Jen love that?)
Or maybe I can find a way for my boss to write the blog into this show if it gets picked up. Then you'll be even for famous!
ReplyDeletelove it!! so cool.
ReplyDeleteWe saw it last night on Yahoo! The Swede and I were very impressed. :)
ReplyDelete