I love food so this has been a hard move for me to make. My meals on Tuesday consisted of applesauce for breakfast and tomato soup and dry cereal for lunch. After these delectable meals, I decided it was time to go to Whole Foods and stock up on dairy-free food. Some of the items I purchased were:
1. 8 pack of hot dogs that cost $6!
2. rock hard bread that looks dry and flavorless
3. rice dream "milk"
Yum! I can hardly wait for meal times now! If this makes Kira feel better though, it's worth it. We'll take things one day at a time and be thankful for everything else that is going well.
Oh girl I am sorry that you are required to give milk and soy up, right before Christmas, too! If regular rice milk is bad, consider chocolate or vanilla. Hemp milk and almond milk are out there, too.
ReplyDeleteThe harder breads are pretty good with tuna and chicken salad, hummus, guacamole, and other dippy stuff, though!
http://www.boundless.org/2005/articles/a0001902.cfm
The above linked was written by a mom whose son is now a little more than a year old - and she had to eliminate dairy, soy, and more to keep things even keel when he was a newborn.
hey! well, this is interesting. i had a friend that went through this and couldn't have dairy for about 6 months, but then her baby outgrew it. I'll ask her for ideas about what to eat!
ReplyDeleteTry your Mom's bred machine -- if she still has it. You make much better specialty breads than you can find in most stores. Isn't Italian or French bread dairy-free? I'm sure by now you have found 20 web-sites with advice, but I couldn't resist a comment:)
ReplyDelete