On Friday, Kira and I headed down to Georgetown with Grandma and Grandpa Carpenter. We originally planned to go meet my sister for lunch, but ended up adding more events to the day. My dad (recently retired from the Government) had a meeting with a law firm to discuss options for working with them as an economic consultant. While he met with them, my mom and I walked around (many times) the mall in Georgetown. I couldn't help but notice how I was the only Graco stroller in a sea of Bugaboo strollers, pushed by nannies. It wasn't the most thrilling time I've spent in a mall, but at least we got some good exercise and had a chance to sit down and play Yahtzee on my Gameboy. Yes, I have a Gameboy and every few months I pick it back up and find myself getting addicted to whichever game I happen to put in first. Jeff gave it to me when we were dating and it has gotten a lot of use over the years! We've found it particularly useful these days when we're trying to rock the baby to sleep in the dark.
After my dad was done, we met my sister for lunch at Miss Saigon. This is the sister restaurant of what used to be one of our favorite restaurants in Arlington, Little Viet Garden. That restaurant was torn down to make way for yet another high rise apartment building. I had the lunch box combo, which consisted of caramel ginger chicken (so good!), spring roll, fried rice, and salad. It was fun to see my sister and she was excited to find a reason to procrastinate more.
[caption id="attachment_550" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="My Meal"]

[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_551" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Eyes Closed (Typical of Liane)"]

[/caption]
No comments:
Post a Comment