Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Super Bowling

We had a nice Super Bowl Sunday.  We dressed Kira up in a Steelers jacket and scarf (neither of which lasted all that long on her).  We went to a Teammates (Church) party with lots of other young couples and their kids.  There were few sports fans and the party died down sometime in the middle of the 3rd quarter.  So of course we were on our way home when the Cardinals scored twice and really made the game interesting.

When we got in, Jen and I sat down and watched the end of the game while Kira slept in her car seat.  Jen was the most interested in football as she ever has been.  She peppered me with questions ("what's a safety?"  "what's a lineman?"  "what do you mean by 'holding patern'?" -- me:  "no, that's 'holding call,' a holding pattern is when the airplane can't land yet")

It was a great finish to a very good game.

Also (and I have witnesses to this) I totally called the biggest play of the game before it happened.  The Cards were at the 5 yard line with seconds left before halftime and I said "interception returned for a touchdown."  Three seconds later they snap the ball, the QB throws an interception, and the guy actually managed to run the ball all the way to the other end for a touchdown.  Unbelievable.  I should go to Vegas right now and ride this hot streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment