Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Top 10 Baby Items

Now that Kira is almost 6 months old, I thought I'd make a list of my favorite and most useful baby items from the past 6 months.  I'm probably forgetting some, but here is what I came up with (in no particular order):

1. Bumbo (Kira eats in this, hangs out in it while we cook, and poops in it!)

2. Miracle Blanket (I'm not so sure Kira would have slept through the night without this)

3. Sleep Sheep (This helped with the colic and I loved how we could attach it to anything)

4. Jumperoo (This invention allowed me to re-enter the world of e-mail)

5. Organic Receiving Blanket (These are sooooo soft and great for an extra swaddling layer on cold nights)

6. Burp Cloths (Not exactly like the ones we have, but the same general idea)

7. The Mommy Hook (I am so lazy about carrying a purse)

8. Bundle Me (It was so nice not to have to deal with blankets when leaving the house in the winter)

9. Powdered Formula Dispenser (Makes bottle-feeding on the go really easy)

10. Pacifier Pod (Never had to search for a pacifier in the diaper bag)

2 comments:

  1. Other than burp cloths, we had none of these things when you were a baby! We agree with your list though. These things all made being grandparents easier for us too!

    Kira is truly blessed by modern technology! (Although Grandpa says that Kira's fancy burp cloths were imade out of cloth diapers just like the ones of your generation!)

    Grandma and Grandpa Carpenter

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Miracle Blanket was truly a miracle for us too! It's was so helpful when our little one was colicky. And he couldn't escape from it like he could with the swaddle blankets that only had the velcro.

    ReplyDelete