On Saturday night we went to a waterfront seafood restaurant. We were seated at a table right next to the windows overlooking the docks and river. An added bonus to make the night more exciting for me was getting Jeff's meal and the dessert for free! We saved $37!
On Sunday we went to a nice brunch, walked around downtown Annapolis, and went on a 2 hour sailing cruise on a wooden 74-foot schooner. I didn't know this until we got there, but apparently this exact boat was used in the movie, The Wedding Crashers. Jeff helped to hoist the sails and we both took a turn at the wheel. We were in charge of turning the boat at one point, but I don't remember what the correct term is for what we did...Jeff will have to share that detail!
One last thing I'll mention is what we did on our actual anniversary (Friday). We were unable to spend much time together that day, but when I got home that evening Jeff had put together "A Walk Down Memory Lane," which was sort of like a scavenger hunt around the house that told the story of our five years of marriage. There were little presents along the way, but at the end Jeff had a special present. The traditional 5 year anniversary gift is silverware, so Jeff decided to get me silver I could wear...earrings from Tiffany's! I love how my husband is so creative and romantic, along with many other reasons as to why I love him!
It seems like they wouldn't let Christopher Walken steer the boat, but they let us! (Of course, the captain was standing right next to us though)
ReplyDeletehttps://www.schoonerwoodwind.com/news.asp
Silver jewelry is sooooo much better than silverware.
ReplyDeletethe proper term for turning the boat into the wind is "tacking" which is what we did
ReplyDeletethe sailing was very peaceful, a great idea by Jen
We're glad you had such a nice time. Kira did great on her first overnight with us. She slept all night from 7:30 until about 6:30 am. It was fun to put her in bed with us and let her crawl all over us while she babbled. She always sounds like she is telling us something important. What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteGrandma and Grandpa Carpenter
What a great weekend! And great pictures. I love the idea of the scavenger hunt and the earrings. Good job, Jeff!
ReplyDeleteDid or did not Jeff stand at the front of the boat and scream:
ReplyDelete"I'm the king of the wooooorld!!!" with hands outstretched?
That's what I thought ...
Yea for 5 years and hoooray for silver- WEAR!! Go Jeff!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary!! That is such a great weekend, and a fabulous gift. Jeff, can you have a talk with Drew soon please? Preferably before august.. . :) thanks!
ReplyDelete