Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July

Kira had a busy day on her first 4th of July.  In the morning we went to a parade in Lorton.  We ended up sitting next to another little girl named Kira (spelled the same way)!  Kira didn't mind the loud sirens on the rescue vehicles, but I think the heat was too much for her so we had to leave when she got fussy.

DSC_1108

DSC_1154

Back at home she was attacked by a crab:

DSC_1255

Later in the day we went to a BBQ at a friend's house and had a great time.  It was also at this party that she showed her first interest in learning how to crawl.  She only made it about 1/2 pace and is still trying to figure out how it works.  She also went from a tummy down position to a sitting position at the party, but I don't think she even realized what she did.  She was too busy staring at another baby.  I'm interested to see if she ever gets into crawling.  She is getting better at pulling herself up to a standing position and loves to stand and walk holding on to something or someone.

DSC_1283

DSC_1288

1 comment:

  1. Jen also predicts that she'll be crawling by the time we get back from Plymouth (this weekend) and I have to agree. She's becoming more mobile by the day (which should be interesting).

    ReplyDelete