Monday, July 20, 2009

Trip to Plymouth

I have been so lazy about blogging and e-mailing lately, but I am finally getting around to sharing the details of  our trip to Plymouth, MA to visit Jeff's family.

We arrived around 1:30 a.m. on Friday morning.  I was shocked at how cold it was when I stepped out of the car.  It was so cold that I wished I had my winter coat.  Kira did okay in the car, but hated being stuck in her car seat.  She woke back up to spend a few minutes with her Grandma and Grandpa Clark, and then had a difficult time going back to sleep.

[caption id="attachment_862" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Sweatshirts, Blankets, and a Fire"]Sweatshirts, Blankets, and a Fire[/caption]

It was still cold when we woke up, but the temperature gradually rose each day that we were there.  We spent our first day (also Kira's 8th month birthday) relaxing and spending time together as a family.

[caption id="attachment_863" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Grandpa giving Kira a bottle"]Grandpa giving Kira a bottle[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_864" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Kira loved her gentle and kind Uncle Phillip!"]Kira loved her gentle and kind Uncle Phillip![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_865" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="8 Months Old!"]8 Months Old![/caption]

On Saturday we headed down to the waterfront to check out a craft show.  The craft show was not very impressive, but we enjoyed some beautiful weather and showed Kira the sights!  That evening we went to Cape Cod to eat at a yummy Italian restaurant!

[caption id="attachment_866" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Mommy, Daddy, Kira, and the Mayflower (a replica)"]Mommy, Daddy, Kira, and the Mayflower (a replica)[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_867" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Kira wasn't too impressed with "the rock.""]Kira wasn't too impressed with "the rock."[/caption]

On Sunday the whole family came over and we had a big meal.  Kira loved playing with her cousins and they loved playing with her!  It's too bad I couldn't kidnap Abby and bring her back with us, she was such a good helper!

[caption id="attachment_868" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Playing with her new toys"]Playing with her new toys[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_869" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Teaching Kira how to Crawl"]Teaching Kira how to Crawl[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_870" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Abby, Kira, and Matthew"]Abby, Kira, and Matthew[/caption]

On Monday we went to the Cape Cod Canal Museum and took a short walk along the Cape Cod Canal.

[caption id="attachment_871" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Abby and Kira's names spelled with international alphabet flags"]Abby and Kira's names spelled with international alphabet flags[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_872" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The Canal and Jeff's Next Boat"]The Canal and Jeff's Next Boat[/caption]

On our last day we just hung around the house and enjoyed the beautiful weather outside.  Later that afternoon, we got in the car and made the long and tiring trip home.  Next time, we are definitely flying!

[caption id="attachment_873" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Last-Minute Loving with Grandma and Grandpa"]Last-Minute Loving with Grandma and Grandpa[/caption]

7 comments:

  1. it was a great trip - can't wait to see everyone again

    ReplyDelete
  2. hear you on the flying thing. we learned that lesson last year too. especially while the kids are less than 2 years old they fly free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been "willing" you to post about your trip. I've been checking every day! Can't wait to see you all SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kira seems to really like her cousins.
    Glad you had a good time.

    Grandpa Carpenter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention one thing...on Saturday Kira started to say Ma-Ma all day long (she had said it once before a couple of months ago)! Unfortunately, the last two days have been Da-Da days. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Da-Da days! She said that all weekend long!

    Don't worry honey, I'm sure she'll be saying Ma-Ma a lot more soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounded like a great trip! and i love the family pic, gorgeous=) how many hours was the drive?

    ReplyDelete