This past Tuesday, Kira, my mom, and I went over to visit some family friends. We lived next door to them for a long time and share many special memories. One of the main goals for this visit was to get the opportunity to play a game that we used to play often back in the day. The game is called Enchanted Forest and is one of my favorite board games! They don't even make it anymore so when I wanted my own game at my house, I had to find one on eBay. Some of my favorite quotes from Caitey and Corey while we were playing were, "They just don't make board games like they used to" and "Hey, this game is actually kind of fun when you know what you're doing!" Corey said the second comment...he was pretty young when we had him play with us and he always wanted to cheat and look under the trees. Corey also pointed out how pretty soon we will be passing the tradition on to the next generation (Kira). I wonder if I'll be like my mom when I play with Kira...she would get impatient and move us into the "lightning round," which I recently found doesn't even exist in the rules!
[caption id="attachment_921" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Corey and Enchanted Forest"]

[/caption]
[caption id="attachment_922" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Kira and Caitey"]

[/caption]
Ha! I had to go on ebay to find my favorite game they don't make anymore too... the Reese's Pieces game. I didn't buy it though. Maybe I should.
ReplyDelete