Sunday, September 13, 2009

Standing!

Kira gave her Grandma and Grandpa Carpenter a special gift today (it is Grandparents' Day)...she stood for the first time!  In the past few weeks we have gotten a preview of this skill as she would stay on her feet for about 2 seconds before sitting down but today she stood multiple times for an extended amount of time.  Her record was just under 40 seconds, which we got on video (below).  It was cute watching her the first two times as she got a scared look on her face when she realized what she was doing and didn't know what to do next!







 

[caption id="attachment_1013" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="If I chew on this toy, I forget about what my legs are doing!"]If I chew on this toy, I forget about what my legs are doing![/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_1015" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Look at me!"]Look at me![/caption]

We also went on a walk with Grandma and Grandpa and spent some time on the swings.  In case you're wondering, I was goofing around and whipping my hair around in this picture:



[caption id="attachment_1016" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Swinging on a Sunday"]Swinging on a Sunday[/caption]

1 comment:

  1. Update: Later this evening (same day) we got on Skype to talk to Kira's other grandparents. We had her show them how she stands and she immediately took 2 steps towards the computer all on her own!

    ReplyDelete