Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Harvest Festival

This past Saturday we got to go to a Harvest Festival at our church.  The festival was being done through MOPS, so I volunteered my parents when I heard they needed help.  It's too bad that my parents were there the whole time and we only arrived in the last half hour of the event!  We woke up way before the sun that morning and headed out to the Fairfax County Government Center to wait in line for Kira to get the first dose of the H1N1 vaccine.  Kira did very well waiting in line (aside from falling while wanting to walk and banging up the side of her head) and the county did a wonderful job of making sure everything went smoothly.

When we finally got to church, we were just in time for the costume parade.  I don't know how it happened, but Kira ended up leading the parade.  She probably set a good pace for the rest of the group.  She seemed to love wearing her costume, even after a very long morning with no nap.

[caption id="attachment_1125" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Leading the Way"]DSC_0429[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1132" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="I love my flashlight!"]DSC_0477[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1127" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Close-Up"]DSC_0475[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1133" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Treat Time"]DSC_0502[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1129" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="3 Generations"]DSC_0507[/caption]

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, she's too cute! I love the costume, and how fitting... a penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that costume!!! She is too cute.

    ReplyDelete