Jeff is usually the poet in the family, but I thought I'd do my own poem in honor of Kira's 1st birthday. I'll stick to the poems I know best...the ones that my 2nd graders usually preferred to write!
K-isses (I should count how many times I kiss Kira each day. It's probably close to 100, no joke! How could you not kiss those sweet cheeks?)
I-nterested (Kira has many interests these days. She loves to watch older kids around her. Her favorite animals are cats, dogs, ducks, and pandas. She loves Elmo and The Cookie Monster. She loves to pick up remotes and press the "Power" button. When she picks up an object, she either chews on it or shakes it to see if it makes a sound. If you give her a pile of newspaper ads or junk mail she will have a ball throwing the papers all around her and trying to rip them into pieces. She always walks over to check out what you are doing and to see if it's something she would like to be a part of.)
R-avenous (Ever since day 1, Kira has had an extremely healthy appetite. I guess that is not a surprise if you consider who her parents are! It has been nice to not worry about having a picky eater and I hope it won't become a problem in the future. She's actually managed to get me to like some new foods like sweet potatoes!)
A-cid Reflux (Unfortunately, this defined a big part of Kira's first year. The first 6 weeks without medication were a nightmare, but things got a little better after that. We laughed when my Dad's business associate from China sent us close to 50 bibs, but we ended up using every one of them...over and over and over. Kira rarely spits up these days and I think I might actually be able to pack away some of her bibs for good!)
C-uddly (Every morning when Kira wakes up, she loves to cuddle with me. We sit down at the computer desk wrapped up in a blanket and she plays with whatever is on the desk while I check my e-mail. If I try to put her down to play by herself she always comes back to me and stands there until I pull her on to my lap.)
L-aughs (Kira's laugh is music to my ears. She loves when we play the, "I'm going to get you!" game and is ticklish under her arms and on her neck.)
A-mused (I always manage to entertain Kira in fun and wacky ways. Whether it is jumping all around in front of her while a fun song is on the radio or making loud and obnoxious animal noises, she always has fun watching me.)
R-eader (It delights me to see her take such a big interest in books. I love to stop and just watch her as she turns each page and looks at each picture with so much curiosity and fascination. I look forward to teaching her to read and sharing all of my favorite stories with her.)
K-itty (Kira loves her kitty-cat so much! She always gets a big smile on her face when she sees her and squeals with glee on the rare occasions that she gets to pet her. I don't know if the cat feels the same way about her, but we try to give her a lot of attention when Kira is sleeping.)
Happy Birthday Kira! I love you and can't wait to spend a fun day with you tomorrow!
Love,
Mommy (or as you call me, "Ma-ma-ma-maaaaa")
well said honey! I loved it
ReplyDeleteHappy First Birthday Kira!
ReplyDeleteYou are blessed to have your Mommy and Daddy for parents. Your Mommy's poem sounds just like you. :) I am so happy to have you for a granddaughter.
Love, Grandma
Happy Birthday Kira! And happy 'one-year-mom-anniversary' Jen. :)
ReplyDeletewhen I first saw the 50 bibs statement, my eye slid by it too fast, and I thought you said 50 lbs. Then i couldn't understand what would be sent from china that was 50 pounds. Maybe ant-acid? I was much relieved when I realized the word was bibs... ;)
ReplyDeleteOh and tons of psalms are acrostics, so your poetry is in very good company.