Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Jesus!

This morning Kira and I went to a birthday party for Baby Jesus at our church.  Kira recently got the Little People Nativity set and is starting to learn which character he is, even though she can't really understand much about who he was/is.  At the birthday party today Kira got to make a nativity sticker scene and decorate a foam Christmas tree.  She still needs a lot of help but I was amazed to see how she caught on with the stickers and learned that you press them down rather than trying to rip them apart.  After a storytelling about the birth of baby Jesus and some lunch, we sang Happy Birthday and ate cake!   I let Kira have two tiny licks of my cake and then I had to hide it from her eyesight before she cried for more.  She had a fun time walking all around the room and by the end, we were both tired and ready for a nap....even though only 1 of us actually got one!




[caption id="attachment_1242" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Mommy, I want some cake!"][/caption]




[caption id="attachment_1243" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="She loves pianos these days!"][/caption]




[caption id="attachment_1244" align="aligncenter" width="499" caption="At the Piano, Again"]
[/caption]



[caption id="attachment_1245" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Craft Time"][/caption]




[caption id="attachment_1246" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Story Time"][/caption]




[caption id="attachment_1247" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Kira Listening to the Story"][/caption]

1 comment: