Friday, January 8, 2010

Kira's Favorite Baby

Kira said a new word today and it was a pretty exciting one!  She was spending time with my Dad and he was showing her some Christmas cards.  He was pointing out Santa on some of them and then pointed to a picture of the nativity scene and said, "Baby Jesus."  He said that she then repeated as clear as day, "Jesus."  When I got back from my errands I showed her the picture and she said it again!

I think it's funny that Kira's new words these days are harder ones like "Jesus" and "tickle" when she hasn't even said, "Hi!" yet!  She's an ambitious little girl!

We spent a lot of time mentioning Baby Jesus to Kira this past holiday season.  We taught her how to give Baby Jesus a kiss so she would often pick up her book and kiss the cover, as well as kiss the Baby Jesus in her Little People Nativity Set.

1 comment:

  1. That is sooo sweet! She is a special baby!

    It's funny, Owen would often pick up on 2-syllable words faster than 1-syllable words, too. I clearly remember him saying "jacket" and "cracker" before he said things like "hi" or "bye" clearly. And when he did, it still sounded like 2 syllables. Ah, child development!

    ReplyDelete