We had a great time and only missed Kira the first and last 24 hours of our vacation...we were too busy the rest of the time to really think about her a lot!
There are a lot of pictures and stories I'd like to share about each island we visited, so I'll do a post about each one as I find free time this week. The islands we visited were St. Thomas, Tortola (and Virgin Gorda), Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados.
[caption id="attachment_1349" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The Caribbean Princess"]
[caption id="attachment_1350" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Cruising"]
Kira did great! She said some new words this week - yum, trash, walrus and alligator. Aunt Liane bought her the doll she liked at the toy store. Grandma and Grandpa took her shopping at Potomac Mills. We didn't have warm sunny weather but we had fun! On the one "warm" day we went to the library and playground.
ReplyDeleteEvery time I travel without the kids the first 24 hours is the hardest. On our cruise in August, I really missed the kids on the last day also because it was a sea and we weren't doing much.
ReplyDeleteWe did the balcony room too when we cruised. My parents said "oh what do you want to waste your money on that for you are only in the room a small amount of time" -- well, needless to say they cruise every year and ever since we told them we loved the balcony that is what they get each time. Glad you had a great time.
ReplyDelete