Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend together as a family.  Yesterday I woke up to breakfast in bed and was able to stay in bed an hour extra reading my new magazine and eating chocolates while Jeff played with Kira.  After I got up and moving, we drove to a park for a picnic and some playground time for Kira.  It was a beautiful day, but a little windy.  We went home and all took an afternoon nap.

[caption id="attachment_1667" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Yummy Sandwich"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1668" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Picnic"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1669" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Whoa!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1670" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="How do I get out of this thing?"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1671" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Mommy and Kira"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1672" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Smelling the "Flowers""][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1673" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Field of Buttercups"][/caption]

Today we picked my parents up for church and stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the way for a yummy breakfast treat.  We spent the rest of the day with my parents, Aunt Liane, and Uncle Jeremy.  We went to an early dinner at Macaroni Grill and came home to eat Cake Love cupcakes that my sister brought over.  It was a great weekend and I am so happy to be a mother and to have a mother that is such a big part of my life.  Mom and Kira, I love you!

[caption id="attachment_1693" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="A Flower for Mommy"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1694" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Cupcakes!"][/caption]

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful to have all three girls in my life - Liane, Jennifer and Kira. I had a nice Mother's Day and love you all too!

    P.S. I raised two daughters who love to read and it looks like Kira does too. They say you have to learn to read so you can read to learn. Keep up the good work, Kira!

    ReplyDelete