Saturday, June 5, 2010

Shenandoah National Park

On Thursday and Friday Kira and I took a road trip with Grandma and Papa to Shenandoah National Park.  Kira and I were excited to see a deer right outside our  house before we even left for the trip!  We stayed overnight at one of the lodges on Skyline Drive and had a great time!  We saw a lot of deer and bears, in addition to chipmunks, raccoons, and a wild turkey.  Kira enjoyed going on hikes - probably because she got to sit in her stroller and nap while we did all of the hard work.

[caption id="attachment_1710" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="First Hike"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1711" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Sleeping on the Second Hike"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1712" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Bear"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1713" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Crossing the Road"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1714" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Deer"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1719" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Male Deer"][/caption]

On Thursday night we had a yummy dinner at the Skyland Resort Dining Room and a great view looking down from the mountain.  I didn't get much sleep that night sharing a room with Kira and my parents.  Surprisingly, it was my Dad that kept me up the most.  I spent a lot of time in bed listening to him snore and I decided that he sounds like a cross between a horse and a garbage disposal when he sleeps.  Ha ha!  That might be the last time I ever share a room with them.

[caption id="attachment_1715" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Silly after Dinner"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1716" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption=""Fly""][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1717" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Sunset at Big Meadows"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1718" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Raccoon"][/caption]

After breakfast and a morning hike we headed home.  I managed to make it through the entire day with no naps and even found my second wind as Jeff and I headed out in the evening for a wedding!

2 comments:

  1. great pictures! looks like she enjoyed herself

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go there and see the wild bears. How cool!

    ReplyDelete