Thursday, September 9, 2010

Daddy's Little Girl

Kira and her mother are on vacation for a few days so I'm missing them and I thought I'd post a few quick notes about the little things that Kira does that make me smile (as a Dad).

  • She can pick up any kind of ball (football, basketball, beach ball) and throw it a least a foot or two.

  • On the phone last night she said "love you" "good night" and "sleep tight" clear as day.

  • As you might have seen on this blog, she's already a great dancer.  She does a great Chris Farley "I'm a maniac" impersonation.

  • She now responds to the parts in the Dora books where she asks questions.  So cute.

  • She can finish the rhymes on many of her night time books - especially Dr. Seuss.

  • She has the bedtime routine down pat.  Bathtime, say goodnight to Mommy, stories, prayer, one last book, bed.

  • Sometimes when she's falling off to sleep she'll say a list of names - "momma, dada, papa (grandfather), gran-ma, ba-ba (other grandmother), quack-quack (other grandfather).  I like to think she's listing off all the people she loves the most and is praying for us.


Looking forward to seeing her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment