Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

This afternoon we carved Kira's pumpkin.  Jeff got the fun job of cleaning out the inside of the pumpkin and I got to carve the face.  Kira and I saw a picture of a jack-o-lantern that looked like a cat and Kira wanted her pumpkin to look just like that.  Kira was very patient as she waited for us to finish our tasks.  She was grossed out by some of the stuff Jeff pulled out of the pumpkin and was excited when she watched me cut out the first eye.  I think she'll really be excited when we actually light up the jack-o-lantern tomorrow!

[caption id="attachment_1934" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="First Glimpse"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1935" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="What's in there?"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1936" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Smelling the Goop and Seeds"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1937" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Ewww! Get away Daddy!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1938" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="What are you doing?"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1939" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Goofing Around while Mommy Works"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1940" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Trying to Get a Better Look"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1941" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="My Kitty Cat Pumpkin!"][/caption]

After finishing the pumpkin and taking some pictures, we enjoyed our traditional Halloween meal (one day early) - Apple Cider Fondue!  It came out perfectly and Jeff and I pigged out on it.  Kira loves cheese and bread, but wasn't too excited about the idea of dipping bread in melted cheese.

We're looking forward to celebrating a low-key Halloween at home tomorrow evening and doing some trick-or-treating in our neighborhood.  Stay tuned for a recap of Kira's Halloween experience!

3 comments:

  1. SO cute! love the pics. impressive pumpkin carving technique too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat looks great! Kiera is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pumpkin! Since Chris was out of town, our neighbor carved ours, he did a fantastic job!

    Ahhh... fondue, I miss that (they don't have cider here).

    ReplyDelete