Sunday, December 26, 2010

...and then there were 4!

**UPDATE** I saw my doctor today and he believes that I have Bell's Palsy (facial paralysis).  I have an appointment to see a neurologist tomorrow.  This condition is usually not permanent for most people, but it could take weeks or months to go away.  I am trying to stay positive and optimistic about the situation.  Logan also went to the doctor and is doing well but we have to bring him back in tomorrow to have his bilirubin levels checked again.

The last few days have been very busy since Logan arrived on December 22, 2010 at 2:25 p.m.  Things went very smoothly with the delivery but we ran into some problems as Logan had jaundice and had to spend time under the lights to treat it.  We brought him home on Friday afternoon but had to bring him back to the hospital on Christmas morning to be tested again.  Thankfully he was doing better and did not need to be readmitted.

I am recovering pretty well except for a problem with my face.  The day we left the hospital I realized that I could not control the muscles on the right side of my face around my eyes and lips. It has not gotten better and is pretty frustrating and scary since I am having trouble eating, can't smile, and my eye hurts since the eyelid does not close.  I plan on going to the doctor as soon as possible and hopefully the problem will resolve soon.

I will write more about Logan and our Christmas and reply to your e-mails when I am feeling better.  For now, here are two pictures of my beautiful children!

[caption id="attachment_2070" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Logan"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2071" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Kira"][/caption]

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jen. I'm sorry about your health, though. I'll pray for a quick recovery for you. We're heading back into town tonight, so call me if you nerd help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you four, and especially for your recovery, Jen! Glad that Logan is here safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil and I wish you all the best on your recovery!! Logan is sooo beautiful!!! We had the exact same thing with Richard(our son) he was jaundiced and had to go under the lights for a few days...... must be a clark thing!!! I hope Jen feels better soon-- please go to the dr SOON and let me know what happens-- it does sound like you may have pinched a nerve during delivery. Take care! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Logan is adorable! And Kira is still as cute as ever. We're praying for you. A newborn is hard enough, add a two year old and a health issue for both you and Logan, I can't even imagine! We love you all and wish we were there to help out.

    ReplyDelete