Wednesday, June 22, 2011

6 Months Old!

Logan is 6 months old today!  The last 6 months have been a whirlwind but I have a feeling that the next 6 months will be more relaxed and we will get to enjoy this sweet little guy even more!





Logan had a tough time adjusting to the new house and the move.  I didn't think he would be affected because he is so young but I was very wrong.  After one week  in the new house and having house guests, Logan all of a sudden stopped sleeping through the night.  He went from sleeping 10-11 hours to waking up every one and a half to two hours throughout the whole night.  It was exhausting and felt like we had a newborn all over again.  The worst part was that we had no idea what was wrong and didn't know how to fix the problem.  After a couple of weeks of this I was fed up and decided to go to the doctor.  Her first question for me was if we had recently moved or had people staying in our house.  Apparently it is very common for babies this age to notice even the slightest change in their environment and to be bothered by it.  She didn't have many solutions except to turn off the baby monitor and just be patient.  We have been doing this and spending a lot of time hanging out in Logan's room and it seems to be working.  He is now sleeping until 4:30/5:00 and will go back to sleep for an hour or two when we give him his pacifier.  Hopefully he'll quickly re-learn to sleep through that last little stirring.

Tonight he had his first solid food other than baby cereal - peas!  He seemed to like them a lot more than the rice cereal.  Kira loves peas but when I let her smell them she almost gagged and said they were yucky.

4 comments:

  1. It is taking a while for the little guy to get adjusted but it does seem like he's getting better little by little. He sure is strong (as you can feel when he's upset and flailing around).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you! Sleeping issues are no fun. Glad to hear he's working back to his usual sleeping pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I spoke too soon - he hasn't slept very well the last two nights, sigh.

    ReplyDelete