Thursday, July 14, 2011

4th of July

For the 3rd year in a row, we went with the kids to a nearby parade in Lorton.  The day started out overcast, but of course it became hot and sunny by the time the parade started.  Maybe next year we'll remember to bring chairs and sit in the shade.  The parade seemed to be mostly an excuse for local politicians to campaign, but Kira still had a good time.  Logan wasn't too impressed but I'm sure he'll enjoy it more next year.

We all went home and took afternoon naps and then got ready for the neighborhood party.  We had a good time at the party getting to know our new neighbors a little better and Kira got to run around with a bunch of kids.  I wasn't too thrilled with the illegal fireworks they were shooting off, especially when some started going off on their own and shooting into the crowd.  Kira didn't like the noise they made but Logan didn't seem to mind.  The show ended after one of the little kids got injured.  I'm not sure what happened to him, but his eye area was affected and I think he's doing okay now.

[slideshow]

No comments:

Post a Comment