We left for the Harper's Ferry campground on Friday after lunch and got there in 90 minutes. It was REALLY hot but there was a pool that helped us to stay cool. The campground has themed weekends and by a stroke of luck we were there for Fairy Tale Weekend. Kira was able to do fun things like watch Tangled for the first time (in an air conditioned theater) and have "tea" with the Queen (really ice cream sundaes). She went to bed way past her bedtime but slept pretty well except for waking up once in the middle of the night and crying for a couple of minutes. I think she woke up crying because she was either hot and uncomfortable or scared, not remembering where she was. I didn't sleep well at all so I was happy to be back in my own bed the next night.
The best part of camping was getting to hang out with our friends and do some of the fun activities. I think we'll try camping again but probably wait to go during a cooler month.
[caption id="attachment_2455" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Kira's Big Playpen"]
[caption id="attachment_2456" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Mealtime"]
[caption id="attachment_2457" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Our Campsite"]
[caption id="attachment_2459" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Fairy Princess"]
[caption id="attachment_2460" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Meeting the Queen"]
I am glad she mostly slept. We like the state parks in Maryland, especially Cunningham Falls. It is cooler on the mountain than it is here. I can't wait to go camping again. It is a lot of work to pack everything up and go but we love it.
ReplyDelete