Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Special Baby Shower

A couple of weeks ago we had a baby shower at my house for my sister.  I love that the first big party at our house was for such a special occasion.  We had a great time eating, playing games, and showering Liane with all sorts of baby gifts.  I can't wait to meet Baby Emma next month!





[caption id="attachment_2473" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Liane's Baby Pictures"][/caption]







We bought a lot of the food so we wouldn't be busy cooking all weekend but I love baking so I made the cupcakes.  I spent each evening the week before the shower trying out different cake and frosting recipes.  Two cake, three frosting, and two fillings recipes later, I found the perfect combination.  Jeff had fun eating all of the rejects throughout the week.  The final product was yellow cake, vanilla butter cream frosting, and either lemon or raspberry filling.

[caption id="attachment_2465" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The Cupcakes"][/caption]

For the favors we took bud vases that Liane had used at her wedding, glued a ribbon to the neck of each vase, and filled them with pink and green jellybeans.

[caption id="attachment_2464" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The Favors"][/caption]

Kira was allowed to skip her nap and was perfectly behaved.  She loved helping Aunt Liane open the presents and Liane was happy to have Kira next to her so the attention wasn't all on her!

1 comment:

  1. The shower was fun. We are all looking forward to meeting Emma! Kira is going to be a great cousin!

    ReplyDelete