The IBC League is finally over, so that's one less thing I have to worry about. Being commish was a little harder than I thought (with three nights that had to be rescheduled), but not a bad experience all in all. It really helped having a co-commish to split some of the duties with.
Now it is time for the real March Madness to begin. I can't think of a time when I was more out of touch with college basketball. My team (Syracuse) didn't even make the tourney this year and my NBA team (Celtics - of course) is doing so well that their draft pick will be very low (probably 30) so there's no sense worrying about who they'll get.
So I made my bracket picks completely on gut, which means I'll do better than most ESPN experts and worse than I would have if I had just thrown darts at a board. Actually, this year I'm doing an experiment with two other formula driven brackets just to see how they do.
One is called "Clark - Chalk" and it is the "control" to this experiment - picking no upsets. The other is called "Clark - Upsets" and it follows the formula of picking all upsets with the exception of the top 2 seeds in each region. It will be fun to see which one does better this year.
Ok, I've bored you with enough basketball talk. Half the people who actually read this (hi Mom) don't care a lick about sports. So I'll try to talk about something more personal next time.
We're thinking of buying new blinds for our windows. There, happy now?
No comments:
Post a Comment