Monday, March 17, 2008

Just Add Flour

Well, I hoping to have rave reviews of some food experimenting I was doing this week, but I only have mixed reviews to report. 

We had Marsala wine left over from the Rigatoni D, so Jen dug up an easy recipe for Marsala Chicken.  It called for adding flour to the chicken before adding it to some oil and butter then simmering it in the wine.  The mix made for a very tasty piece of chicken, but there wasn't a lot of sause left.  So I tried again later in the week only to realize that I forgot to half the recipe on everything but the chicken.  So the wine and butter and oil overpowered the taste of the chicken. 

Oh yeah, and I think I officially don't like cuscus, even if it is fun to say.

So to recap, I need to...


  1. always read directions thoroughly



  2. try adding flour again in the future, it does pick up the flavors of the sause well



  3. find better side dishes to go with chicken


No comments:

Post a Comment