Friday, April 18, 2008

Full House - For Real This Time

So we were all set to host my parents coming to town last weekend.  We had the house cleaned, extra food bought, and the schedule cleared.  Problem is, we must have written the wrong date on the calendar (ok, it was probably me that wrote it on the calendar) because it turns out that my parents are visiting THIS weekend.  Ugh.

So we cleaned again this week and I basically ate most of the dozen donuts myself before they went stale.  I think some other items went bad this week and had to be tossed, but oh well.  We moved some stuff around on our schedule and we should be good to go today, Lord willing.

By the way, did I mention that my brother is coming too?  Need I point out that my family is all people my size (or bigger)?  It is going to be tight for a few days in our townhouse, but it will be a house filled with love and patience, ...Lord willing.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I can just picture all your family crammed in there. Nice to see you sacrificing by eating all those donuts.
    --doug >

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a tough job, but somebody had to do it

    I saw your wife's blog Doug, looks great! Only problem is that I seem to be the only guy blogging about my family. All my friends' wives are doing the blogging. I guess I'm just one of the girls now.

    ReplyDelete