Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Turn For A Pity Party

For anyone wondering, Jen's feeling much better.  Of course now I feel horrible.

It's really just a cold, but I'm a big, big wimp when it comes to feeling sick.  I hate it.  I'd rather have some kind of definable pain like a sprained ankle or a cut or bruise.  A sharp pain I can understand and cope with.  This feeling icky and blah all day gets on my nerves in a big way.

That said, I didn't let it get in the way of what I wanted to do today.  Jen's first Mother's day was started with breakfast in bed served by her loving husband.  Waffles and strawberries with powdered sugar.  When I told my parents about that they had a good laugh.  My Dad's comment was "the only way your mother is getting breakfast in bed is if we toss her and the bed in the back of the truck and take her to the drive thru window at McDonalds."  Hey, we all show our love in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment