Sunday, June 15, 2008

1st Father's Day

I'm celebrating my first father's day weekend in the best way I know how.

First of all, yesterday Jen was visiting her grandfather in Pittsburgh, so I stayed home and helped clear out the office. You see, the office is becoming the nursery. If Mommy Bird is going to nest, Daddy Bird has some work to do to make it feel like home. I moved the desk (so blogging central is now in the master bedroom) and took down all the pictures. I bought some new doors to put on the upstairs rooms and I'll be done with that soon.

Now the room is almost a clean slate. The next steps are to paint and put down new carpet, but that has to wait until we find out what color scheme we'll be going with. Pink for a girl and Celtic green (ok, light baby green) for a boy.

Next on the agenda for Father's day is to spend it with family. I'm awaiting a return call from my Dad and we'll be having dinner with Jen's family. Lots of great food and yummy desserts. Looking forward to it.

Jen surprised me with a few children's books that are right up my alley. One about Daddies, one about Shakespeare, one about the Pilgrims (I'm from Plymouth, MA), and of course the Celtics Hero Book. She's a very sweet and thoughtful wife.

Finally, what better gift could I ask for than a Celtics' Championship? There's no guarantee that they'll win tonight, but they've got a good chance at it. And since they are up 3 games to 1, the odds are very much in our favor to win it (if not tonight, then probably on Tuesday).

I just couldn't ask for anything more and I praise God for all the wonderful people he's put in my life and the many blessings he's given me and my (growing) family.

No comments:

Post a Comment