Tonight I went to the pool for the first time this summer. I haven't been to the gym since I found out I was pregnant, so I was eager to get back in shape (unfortunately, the shape I usually go for is not a possibility).
It felt great to move through the water. I could tell that my arms were getting a workout and that I was using some stomach muscles that I clearly haven't used in a while. I swam 20 laps, which seems pathetic when I think about how I used to swim 20 continuous laps in a competitive race in HS, but I have to start somewhere.
The maternity tankini worked out fine, but I couldn't help but obsess over two things while I was there:
- Can people tell that I'm pregnant, or do they just think I'm fat?
- Of the people who do realize that I'm pregnant, do I look like a knocked-up teenager to them? Note to self...start wearing wedding ring when I go to the pool.
Ha! Next time, just bring Jeff... then they'll think you're a knocked up teenage with an older man! :)
ReplyDeleteI totally understand, I think the same type of things. Now I wonder if people think I'm Alek's nanny.