Monday, July 28, 2008

Busy Weekend

It was a busy weekend and I have a feeling it's going to be a busy week.  Thankfully, I got a good night's sleep last night to help me get through today. 

On Saturday morning I made the mistake of deciding to clean out my closet.  I had forgotten how much stuff was stored in it.  I found a lot of stuff to throw away, but I ran out of time to organize and put everything back in it.  By the time I had to leave around lunchtime, my bedroom was a disaster area and you could barely walk through it.  The worst part of this was knowing that I wouldn't have time to finish the project until today. 

I then rushed out the door to go to a baby shower, followed by a birthday party.  The baby shower was very nice and just made me more excited about the approaching birth of my own daughter!  The birthday party was an event I had been looking forward to for weeks since it meant that I would get to see my good friend, Lauren, after almost a year of her living across the Atlantic.  Lauren, her husband, and son live in Croatia (he works in the state department) but Lauren has had to come back to the area to have her baby, which is due the same day as mine!  The birthday party was for her son who was turning 2 and is the sweetest, most well-behaved toddler that I have ever seen.  I am very glad to have them back in Fairfax for the next 5 months, until it is time to head back to Europe.

On Sunday I went to PA with my parents to visit my grandfather.  He's still holding on and thankfully, he has been doing great the last few times I have gone to visit him.  He actually remembers now that I am having a baby so that it's not a surprise each time we tell him.  I was reminded of the fact that he's not really fully with it when I said goodbye to him...I told him that the next time he would see me, I would have the baby with me.  As I said this, I put his hand on my stomach and he said, "You put on some weight!"  We tried to explain that the baby was in there but he didn't understand.  He must think that the stork is taking care of her for now.  Oh well, at least it gave us all a good laugh!

After a boring (I forgot the power cord for my DVD player) and uncomfortable car ride home, I literally crawled up the 2 flights of stairs to my bedroom to find a nice surprise.  My wonderful husband had cleaned up the mess from my closet so that I would have less work to do and wouldn't break my neck during my middle-of-the-night bathroom runs.  Thanks, Jeff!

No comments:

Post a Comment