[caption id="" align="alignright" width="180" caption="Money Pit"]
That's kind of how I've felt this week. A few days back, during the hottest days of the year, our air conditioning stopped working. It was running, but it wasn't blowing out cold air. I discovered that a thunder storm must have shorted the fuse, so it was an easy fix to flip that back on. A few days later our hot water got really, really hot and then really really cold. We somehow lost our hot water entirely. Last night I took off the faceplate of the water heater and found one of those red buttons that you can press to reset the fuse (like a reboot button for electricity). It started working again but now we have really hot water again, so who knows how long that will last.
Finally, last night I found a puddle of water beneath the sink in the kitchen. Upon further review it looks like one of the connections isn't as tight as it needs to be, so we've got a leak. If I'm lucky that will be as easy to fix as the other two things were, but I'm not counting on it.
Ahh the joys of home ownership. It isn't like I don't have enough to do already with building a nursery. The crown molding goes up this weekend, knock on wood. On second thought, don't knock on the wood, it might break.
That's so funny, we completely understand. We have had many unexpected costs since moving into our new place! Too many! Eugene is great and has taught himself plumbing, electrical, etc. but we even had to have a plumber come out today because of some crazy stuff. Good for you with the crown molding, that's something we haven't done yet, hear it's quite a job :) Sounds like your doing great!
ReplyDeleteyeah, don't give me too much credit - I looked at the crown molding with Jen's Dad and we decided it wasn't worth the effort so we brought it back to the store
ReplyDeleteoh yeah, and we couldn't fix the leak either, but at least we might have an idea on how to do that sometime in the future
one step at a time
HEY, whats up ... must be a conspiracy...
ReplyDeleteThese past 10 days saw us purchase a new dehumidifier for the basement, a new freezer, and a new cloths washer...in each case it was nearly as cheap to purchase a new one versus the repair service call and parts. The front loading cloths washer was especially expensive to repair after 7 years of use... never rains but it pours...join the club.
Two weeks ago a lightning strike hit a tree behind the house and blew out a fan in our bedroom, the internet interface card in our computer, and a cable splitter