Friday, September 26, 2008

Birthday, Part 2

The rest of my birthday went well yesterday.  After school, Jeff, my mom, and I headed to the police station to get the car seat and bases checked.  It took a lot longer than I expected, but they were very thorough and gave me a lot of tips and confirmed some theories I had heard about infant safety in cars.  Yes, I will probably be one of those neurotic moms when it comes to car safety, but I just feel it is one area in life where you can't be too careful.  Now, my phobia of germs is another story.  I'm going to try my best to let my child touch handrails, use her fingers to touch elevator buttons, and play on those indoor playgrounds in the shopping malls.

After the police station, we headed to Chevy's for dinner.  The food was good, but they changed their recipe for the carnitas and I don't think it's quite as good as it used to be.  Afterwards, we headed next door to Cold Stone Creamery for free ice cream.  They were having a special event to support the Make a Wish foundation.

Then it was back home to watch The Office and Grey's Anatomy.  The day ended on a good note as my dad arrived safely back in town after being in China on a business trip.  I had to stay up late, but it was worth it to get a hug from my dad on my birthday!

1 comment:

  1. If it helps you with the germ thing, there is some (granted its a bit un-conclusive) research that says the recent increase in childhood food allergies is a result of too much cleanliness in our kids lives. That basically the childhood immune system gets bored because it has no germs to attack, so it attacks food instead. Just something to think about.
    --doug >

    ReplyDelete