Monday, October 20, 2008

Pregnancy Update

Today I had my 36 weeks doctor's appointment and it wasn't what I hoped it would be.  Things started off poorly as I had to wait forever for the doctor.  It was hot and I couldn't find a comfortable position.  When the doctor finally came in, he did the exam and was able to feel the baby's position (she is almost in a head-down position) without doing an ultrasound.  So, there went my hope of seeing Baby Clark one more time before she is born.  Then I described all of the symptoms I have been experiencing the past two weeks, but my secret hope for bed rest flew out the window when he said that the baby could come at any time now and it's not a big deal.

The only good (and probably more important) points of the visit were that both the baby and I are healthy and that I gained 0 pounds in the last 17 days!  Woo hoo!  I've been driving myself nuts trying to "diet" after all of the past appointments where I gained a lot or got gentle reminders from the doctors.  So what did I do to reward myself?  I came home and ate my favorite doughnut from Shoppers that I bought yesterday for this very occasion.  I might be back on my "diet" after next week's weigh-in though...

On a side note, we are ready for the baby to come!  The nursery is ready, my bags are packed, and my lesson plans are completed.  Now, we wait!

6 comments:

  1. I remember not gaining a pound until my 6 month appointment revealed that I had gained TEN POUNDS in a month. My OB actually did a double take at the stat sheet. She was like, "What happened?!" in the nicest possible way... lol ... then tried to pass it off as hormonal. In reality, I had decided to give up artificial sweeteners in the month prior, and had been using sugar in my coffee and tea at work. Guess I should have been forgoing sugar and sweetener both. ;o)

    Don't let the scale weigh you down. You will be so shocked at how much you lose at (and in the days after) delivery...including a ton of retained water as your system recalibrates. No more edema. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this little chica is coming soon!! so exciting! selfishly, i hope not before saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I'm so excited for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how exciting! Good for you to have everything ready! Don't worry about the scale! Your weight is so fine and you will be able to lose it, don't worry about it!!! Might as well eat what you want and enjoy it while you have a good excuse, haha! You'll be able to lose it! :) Hope the next several weeks go so well for you guys! And a big congrats to Jeff too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you've got everything "ready!" Now just make sure to rest up and enjoy lots of couple time. Let me know if you need anything or just want to talk!

    Congrats to you Jeff! Now I can say I "hang" with a celebrity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jen -- Checkin' out all of the TeaMMates web pages this evening -- glad your appointment went well! I thought it was funny you went home and rewarded yourself with a donut (sounds like something I would do! :) ) Your precious little girl will be here before you know it!!! Now that you have all of your lessons done hopefully you can relax a little before the big day! Hope to see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete