At first Kira didn't like pacifiers. She spit them out and wailed when you tried putting one in her mouth. I figured, "ok, no big deal. At least I won't have to break her of the habit later." Well, after a couple weeks of a screaming kid, we figured we would give the ol' mouth-plug another shot.
She still doesn't take it right away. In fact, you kind of have to hold it in there against her will, which seems mean, but she doesn't like swaddling right away either. It is for her own good. And soon enough she's sucking away at the thing, which means she's not screeching in Daddy's ear. So we'll do our best to develop that habit, no matter how hard it is to break later on.
Don't worry, it's not that hard to break! It's so worth it, especially on long car or plane trips.
ReplyDeleteWe knew someone who wanted their kid to take a pacifier so badly, they dipped it in strawberry jam before they gave it to their kid...
Oh, good. I was going to suggest a pacifier, but I thought you might be getting so much advice that you'd rather not hear more. Glad it seems to be helping. Madelyn used a pacifier until she was 4 months old, and she found her fingers. In some ways, that was easier because we weren't playing pacifier tag. In some ways, though, it's harder because she's still sucking those fingers, and you can't take them away.
ReplyDelete