Sunday, February 22, 2009

Yummmmmmy!

Tonight Jeff and I went out to dinner to celebrate his recent promotion. We decided to try Pane e Vino, an Italian restaurant that is about 2 minutes from our house. Not only was it really nice inside, it was so good! They give you the best bread, along with olives, olive oil, and some sort of pesto-marinara sauce. After enjoying some calamari, our main courses arrived. Jeff had the best lasagna I think I have ever tasted and I had a huge calzone that was also delicious. The best part of the meal is that we got $22 off the total bill! This was accomplished by purchasing a $25 gift certificate from www.restaurant.com. The gift certificates usually cost $10, but there was a special running so I got it for $3. So that's $25 off the bill, minus the $3 it cost to buy it.

When we got home, I went to www.restaurant.com to buy another gift certificate. Now they are even cheaper - $2 for a $25 gift certificate (with the code DINE)! Gotta love the deals you can find these days!

dishes_r8_c1

2 comments:

  1. Sweet. I am glad that you guys had a good time - and that the certificates work! Nothing like date night. We bought some for a steakhouse in Tyson's Corner that we've never been to. I may blog about the new $2 deal later. Thanks again for the tip!! You're like Tony Reali on PTI, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so great! So glad you guys got to go out and celebrate! Congrats Jeff! And great job Jen on the coupons!

    ReplyDelete