This week has been very challenging for me. It seems like nothing has been going right and Kira is not her usual self. To make matters worse, Kira and I both have colds and my parents are out of town. For all of you mothers out there who don't have family nearby to help out, I respect you so much for what you do! I am so happy it is finally the weekend and Jeff is here to save the day. This week has led me to revisit those feelings I had when Kira was a newborn with colic. I hope next week brings happier days and a happier mommy and baby! Here are some of the things that went wrong this week:
Tuesday: Feeling REALLY sick and trying to take care of a sick baby.
Wednesday: Left to go to the pool, only to realize I forgot part of her bottle. Turned around to get it, got back in the car and then it started to pour 5 minutes later. No pool today. Later that afternoon, I saw that Moe's was selling burritos for 99 cents from 5-7 pm. I can't pass up a deal, so I asked Jeff to pick us up some on the way home. He ended up being 2 hours late because of my request and I didn't even like my burrito. It was a LONG day at home.
Thursday: Kira refused to take both of her naps and cried for hours.
Friday: Kira refused to take both of her naps, again. Crying, crying, and more crying (on both of our parts). On our way out the door, I dropped a sugary drink and it spilled all over the floor. The ants are already invading.
I guess it's good that I have a lousy memory because I think I'm already forgetting a lot of the bad things that happened this week. And to end this on a positive note, there were some good things that happened this week. We went shopping with a friend and her son at Tyson's, had a picnic lunch with another friend down in Old Town by the water, and ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant with friends from school. Now why does Kira behave around other people, but not at home?
Ohhhhhh girl I FEEL for you and your week of doom. Blog hugs all round. It's like "Jen Clark and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad WEEK." lol The only thing worse than a sick baby is a sick baby when YOU'RE sick too - with no immediate backup. Here's to husbands on the weekend - where would we be without them!?
ReplyDeleteAnts are a problem for us with even a trace of food, but the very inexpensive Terro liquid boric acid traps (I've gotten them at Lowe's) do a sweet job of shutting down an invasion - better than anything else I've tried, anyway! With sufficient trap coverage, about 4 days later whatever colony was on the prowl is gone. The key is just figuring out how to keep the traps out of baby's reach.
I am so sorry to hear you have had a bad week. Do you think maybe Kira is teething?I don't remember when babies get teeth but I know Amanda was never herself when she was teething but I never put it together until afterwards. Thank God for the weekend and hubbies. I have to tell ya that the tough weeks/moments of mothering only make the good moments and weeks more appreciated and sweet:) I hope you are feeling better:)
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing what a little mall therapy can do for you! I just got back from walking around Target and the nearly vacant Springfield Mall while drinking a free iced coffee and I feel so much better!
ReplyDeleteyou poor thing. im so sorry you had a lousy week. let's plan a litte more retail therapy soon.. flea markets and/or garage sales maybe!?
ReplyDeleteI'm so behind on blogs! Isn't it funny how much a little retail therapy helps=)! We were bummed we couldn't make it to the mall last week, maybe next time! I hope you had a great week this week, it was good to see you at playgroup=)
ReplyDelete