For lunch we went to Panera where I got a free pastry and then my Dad and I headed to the movies while my mom took Kira home for a nap. My dad and I saw Surrogates - there wasn't much to pick from, but it was pretty decent. And in true Jen Clark Birthday Fashion, I got into the movie for free with a birthday coupon! An extra bonus was receiving coupons for a free popcorn and drink when I handed over my rewards card at the theater's box office!
Then it was time to head home to get ready for my birthday party. My parents were nice enough to keep Kira all night so we could have a stress-free night and sleep in the next morning. The party was wonderful and Jeff put so much thought and effort into planning and preparing for it. The evening concluded with me getting the opportunity to cross something off my bucket list....riding a motorcycle! And not just any motorcycle, a $20,000 Harley! Apparently this was a nice motorcycle but I had no idea.
Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes and those that were there to help me celebrate this big milestone in my life!
[caption id="attachment_1059" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="I forgot to make a wish :("]
[caption id="attachment_1060" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Me and Lauren"]
[caption id="attachment_1061" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Jeff, you're the best!"]
[caption id="attachment_1062" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Alexis, Me, and Kara"]
[caption id="attachment_1063" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Julie writing in the "Memories of Jen" journal"]
[caption id="attachment_1064" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Me and Rachel"]
[caption id="attachment_1065" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The Bike"]
[caption id="attachment_1066" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="No need to comment on how silly I look with the helmet and glasses on!"]
[caption id="attachment_1067" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The Audience"]
[caption id="attachment_1068" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Ready to go..."]
[caption id="attachment_1069" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="and we're off!"]
What an awesome workage of the freebies!!! I am in awe. :) Glad that you had such a relaxing day. Horray for parents giving you breathing room by helping with Kira!
ReplyDeleteway to work those birthday freebies! We are proud! glad it was a special day and that you got a motorcycle in... though I'm surprised you didn't want to scuba dive with sharks instead! great post!
ReplyDeletehappy birthday jen.
ReplyDelete