Monday, November 23, 2009

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

A week ago I was feeling overwhelmed with life in general.  My house was a mess, my to-do list was a mile long, and all I could think about was everything I needed to start doing to prepare for the holiday season.  Thanks to a wonderful husband and helpful parents, I am feeling a lot more on top of things as I start this week.  Here are some of the things we've accomplished in the last week:

  • The Christmas Tree is up (but not decorated)

  • Some of the Christmas decorations are out

  • Pictures were taken and the Christmas cards are ordered

  • I have gotten a good start on Christmas shopping

  • The house is (almost) clean

  • Kira got her second H1N1 shot and should now be fully protected

  • We helped our friends design and order save the date cards for their wedding

  • Kira's room is clean and all of her clothes have been re-organized

  • A meal is all set to go in the oven to feed us for dinner the next two days

  • I listed on eBay some of Kira's clothes that she never wore and the bidding is already a lot higher than I would have imagined!

  • Jeff cleaned out the storage area and we found a bunch of stuff to give away or sell


I even got to do some fun things this weekend like see New Moon with my sister on opening night and spend time with my friends at Book Club on Saturday!  All I have to do the next few days is pack for our trip to MA and try to sell some more stuff on eBay and Craig's List.

We leave on Thursday around noon to head to MA to see Jeff's family.  We are flying this time and it will be Kira's first plane trip.  I'm glad it's a short flight and I think she'll be happy to have the opportunity to walk all around the terminal rather than being stuck in her car seat for 10 hours!

On Thursday or Friday I discovered that 97.1 started playing their annual Christmas songs.  And that is all I have been listening to while in the car!  I really think the music has helped to lift my spirits and I look forward to the Christmas season and all that it represents.

Happy Thanksgiving AND Merry Christmas!

(Yes, I am one of those annoying people that has no problem with seeing Christmas decorations in stores after Halloween)

2 comments:

  1. we have a lot to be thankful for

    happy Thanksgiving everyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed ! Happy Thanksgiving right back at everyone there in VA.

    ReplyDelete