Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

We celebrated Valentine's Day mostly on Saturday and made some good memories!  In the morning we headed to church to do a pancake breakfast with my MOPS group.  Kira had fun playing with the other kids, the adults enjoyed hanging out, and we pigged out on pancakes and sausage.  I think Kira ate more than I did!

[caption id="attachment_1485" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Kira likes to sit in chairs like a big girl now!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1486" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="This boy kept trying to kiss Kira...love was in the air!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1487" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Kira and Daddy"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1488" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Coloring"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1489" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Kira and Mommy"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1490" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Peek-a-"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1491" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Boo! (Puppy)"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1492" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Silly Time"][/caption]

Later that evening, Jeff and I took Kira to Grandma's house and we headed out for a dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Crystal City.  We had never been there and I had a gift card to use that my friends gave me for my 30th birthday.  I was glad we picked the Crystal City location because it had great views of the DC Skyline and National Airport from the top of an 11 story building.  My sister had given me some tips on what to order when we got there and she knew what she was talking about.  She and I are not big fans of butter, but she convinced me that I would be a fool not to order my steak cooked in butter (what they usually do).  When the steaks came to our table and I smelled the butter in the air I felt a little nauseous, but I tried it out and it was fabulous!  It was definitely the best steak I had ever eaten.  Jeff had the T-Bone and rated it as the second best steak he's ever had (#1 was at Peter Luger in NYC).  We also loved the calamari, maybe just as much as the steak.  It was fun to enjoy a fancy meal, especially when we weren't paying for the majority of the bill!  I forgot to use our camera, so I found these pictures online:



Calamari


[caption id="attachment_1496" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Petite Filet and Shrimp"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1497" align="aligncenter" width="199" caption="T-Bone (New York Strip and Filet)"][/caption]

To top off a romantic meal, we headed home and watched Zombieland.  Nothing says Valentine's Day like a comedy with zombies spewing black blood!  For the record, I tried to rent a romantic movie, but the Redbox was all out of them.

5 comments:

  1. a zombie flick?

    Wow Jeff, God totally hooked you up with the coolest wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree.

    Also, I just realized/remembered another super-cool thing about Jen. She actually likes video games.

    I think we're going to have to re-define game-night at the Clark household.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I don't usually like food cooked in butter either but I loved the steak I had at Ruth's Chris. My husband wants to go there again; we haven't been for over five years. We just might have to try the calamari.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE Zombieland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT pictures! And I'm so glad you had a romantic night out. Yea for grandparents! :)

    ReplyDelete